Is Now The Time To Replace Your Old Roof?
The easiest way to learn if it is time to replace your roof is by having your roof inspected. If you’d like to save yourself from possible water damage and expensive repairs, do a simple roof look over on a regular basis. Early detection could save your thousands of dollars and lots of frustration.
More Roof Life Roofing Tip: If you see any of the following warning signs with your roof, it’s a wise decision to take immediate action and have your roof inspected by a licensed roofing professional. Most roofing inspections are offered for free along with a free estimate for the roof replacement.
Here are 10 things that will help you know if you need a new roof right now:
The first 5 can be checked from inside your home.
- Your roof age is between 20 and 30 years old. **If your roof has multiple layers of shingles, you’re on the earlier end of that timeline.
- Your roof deck is sagging. Look for bowing or sagging. Sometimes you can see this from outside the home as well.
- Your roof is leaking or there are at signs of water damage or previous leaking.
- There is outside light shining through the roof.
- Staining (dark or sometimes white) on the interior side of your roof deck.
The next 5 can be checked from outside your home.
- Missing Shingles. Look for missing shingles, especially along valleys and waterways.
- Damaged Shingles. Look for curled or buckled, especially on the areas of your roof that is exposed to lots of sun, snow, rain, or wind.
- Balding shingles. Look for excessive granules in your gutters. This typically happens when shingles are towards the end of their life cycle.
- Damaged Flashing. Look for loose material or wear around chimneys, pipes, vents, or other penetrations. This is a very good preventative check.
- Moisture damage. Look for signs of mold or rot. This type of damage typically affects both the external parts of your roof and the decking below the shingles.
Check off any items on the above list? Don’t worry, we are here to help! Contact us by filling out the form below and we’ll get back to you right away.